Haltoms Rodeo Rita was raised on Haltom Hollar Ranch. She was bred by Dickinson Cattle Company.
Her pedigree includes Rodeo Max ST a multiple bronze winner measuring 86.5" T2T in 2017, Drag Iron a multiple bronze winner measuring 87" T2T in 2017, Maximus ST, and WS Jamakizm.
She's a big cow and a big milk producer. Because of those attributes she will carry valuable embryos.
For a cow to be in our recipient program she has to pass the following tests:
#1. She has raised a healthy calf.
#2. She is not aggressive or nervous.
#3. She remains calm while we tag and give vitamins to her newborn calf.
#4. She is easy to work in a chute.
#5. She stays in top body condition throughout the year.
Haltoms Rodeo Rita has passed these tests with flying colors. When the time comes to make room for new calves and heifers she will be an excellent breeding cow or recipient cow.
Her DNA Case # TLB815 is on file with the TLBAA.
Negative for Johne's November 2018.
All calves by Haltoms Rodeo Rita are Millennium Futurity eligible.
WHY HALTOM HOLLAR RANCH LONGHORNS ARE UNIQUE:
* The herd is in top body condition and health. The animals have high quality protein tubs, lose minerals, salt blocks, lush pastures and good hay throughout the year. During the colder months they also get a custom beef mix to keep a good body weight. Many of the cows are carrying valuable embryos so we do everything we can for their optimal health.
* A cow ready to have a calf is checked on twice a day. When the calf is born it is given an oral dose of Nursemate ASAP with Immu-Prime. It includes B-12 and helps the calf's system get the maximum benefit from the mother's colostrum. While the calf is getting the dose we pet it all over its body to get it use to human contact.
* The herd gets a rotation of medicines for lice, worms and flies on a regular basis. We administer yearly booster shots and provide any medical attention as needed.
* We have several spring fed ponds providing them with good clear water. In addition to lush Kentucky pastures, a portion of the property is hard wood forest in the hills. They have a variety of interesting things to do and forage to eat.
* Our longhorns have the roam of the property. We are fenced in. They interact with us daily and can see us through the windows. Because of all the love and attention they get most will eat out of your hand.